1) A Young Lady’s costume is of the utmost importance. Her gown, hat, gloves, fichu, and shoes—especially shoes—should show Good Taste but not Excessive Taste.
2) A lady should never talk to a gentleman not introduced to her. Some men—I will not call them gentlemen—will attempt to circumvent this rule. A Young Lady must not let them.
3) The kind of Male Rogue mentioned above is, in fact, best handled by a Lady of Mature Years and Quick Wit.
4) A Young Lady may never let a gentleman who is not a relative embrace her. Note: Naturally this rule does not apply to Ladies of a Certain Age.
5) If a lady of any age lets a gentleman embrace her, the lady should be certain that he is a Very Good Kisser Indeed. She may require several sessions to be entirely certain.
6) Beware of country house parties.
7) When at a country house party it is imperative that a Young Lady not become cloistered with a gentleman. People with too much imagination may think she is engaging in an Affaire de Coeur.
8) Affairs should only be conducted by Ladies of a Mature and Not Easily Heated disposition.
9) However, it is desirable that the gentleman in the above mentioned Affair become very heated indeed.
10) Whatever she does, a lady engaging in an affair must never, never fall in love with her paramour. That way lies disaster.